Dear Patients, It's National Implant Awareness Month! Dental Implants help maintain and strengthen bone structure in order to keep your smile at it's healthiest by protecting the existing teeth.
Think of dental implants as artificial tooth roots, similar in shape to screws. When dental implants are placed in your jawbone (A), they bond with your natural bone. They become a sturdy base for supporting one or more artificial teeth, called crowns.
A connector – known as an abutment (B) – is placed on top of the dental implant to hold and support your crowns. The crowns are custom-made to match your natural teeth and fit your mouth (C).
Modern dental implants have been used successfully for over 30 years. They are the strongest devices available to support replacement teeth – and even better, they allow these new teeth to feel, look and function naturally.
When performed by a trained and experienced dental implant dentist, dental implant surgery is one of the safest and most predictable procedures in dentistry.
Why should you consider Dental Implants?
- Implants replace missing teeth and maintain the integrity of your dental structure.
- Implants support and brace neighboring teeth to keep them from becoming loose.
- Implants provide solid anchors for bridges and other dental devices.
- Implants are more comfortable than dentures and make it much easier to eat and speak.
- Implants are more attractive and natural-looking than dentures.
- Implants are easy to maintain through regular dental hygiene.
- Implants help you avoid the embarrassment and hassle of having to remove dentures.
- Implant surgery is safe, with a quick recovery period.
- You can leave our office with a brand new set of teeth in one day.
- Dental implants last for decades, providing long-lasting beauty and comfort.
Learn more about Dental Implants
Call us (703)719-9305 to schedule a consultation appointment and let us help you find the best treatment plan to help improve symptoms and make you feel your best. Visit us at 6420 Grovedale Drive, Alexandria, VA 22310.